Friday, October 24, 2014

Professional Hopes and Goals

One hope that I have is that one day all children will be treated equally. There will be no more stereotypes or biases and every culture will be welcomed in our society and our schools.

One goal that I would like to set that early childhood field needs to be more welcoming to all cultures. As an educator, I need to set a goal of providing an inclusive environment that is welcoming to all families and children regardless of race, gender, economic status, and culture.

This was one of the more interesting classes in this program. I am appreciative and thankful for all of my colleagues. We were able to share personal experiences that we have encountered throughout our lives in a safe environment. I learned a great deal from each of you and your experiences. Thank you again!! Best wishes as you finish your degree and for the future.

Tanya

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Tanya, I love the focus of your blog, which is to have all people be treated fairly and giving just treatment. This is especially in our school systems. Good luck to you as well and maybe I will read some of your work in the next course. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, Great goal, that is truly the main goal we all should have in this field. I would like to send a warm and well-deserved thank you to you. Thank you for your patience, support, and for always sharing your great ideas and research with us. I wish you the best luck in your future and here at Walden

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Tanya,

    Excellent post and goal, I think we have something in common that has always being my main goal as mother and educator to see all culture to remove bias and work together in peace, love and respect for all human and culture regardless of race and religion etc. I want to thank you for sharing your post over these last 8 week I had learned so much from you and pray you have a bless year as you continue your journey in early childhood.
    Temika Mccann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanya,
    Great post!! I agree with you my aspiration is similar to yours I to hope that one day everyone is treated equally regardless of their diversity. In the words of the late Rodney King," Can we all just get along." It has been a delight to share these past seven weeks with you. I enjoyed reading your discussion and blogs as well you have shared information that will benefit me in my future ventures. I wish you much success on all your future endeavors. .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tanya

    I do hope that your hopes come true very soon. We have learn so much from our colleagues. Best wishes to you in advocating for all children. Thanks for sharing.
    LaNea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goal and I also agree with you and this was a very interesting class. I have learned so much from this class. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your goal is great! To have every child treated equally would be great for them, and it would also teach them to treat everyone the same and that just because you are different from others doesn't mean you should be treated differently.

    ReplyDelete